Saturday 2 June 2012

Under the Sea

Had a lovely day yesterday - crafting all day at a friends. Managed to make 4 cards so will have a few posts if I can drag myself awayfrom the Jubilee Celebreations. So glad I have the weekend off work, lets just hope the rain holds off.
This lovely digi image is one i won in a Craft your Passion challenge. She is call ed MerMae and is from www.someoddgirl.com I coloured her with copics - my collection is steadily growing. I used the circle spellbinders around the image. I had a few challenges in mind when thinking about this cards design.
The card design is using a sketch this week from Sassy Cheryl's Digi Stamps Challenge Blog. For the backing strips I used contrasting pieces of coloured card which I ran through my Xcut crimper to give a wavy sea effect. Again using my circle spellbinders die I crimped and embossed more smaller circles to which I added a sentiment and to shells.

These flowers are handmade using a set of flower punches from Tonic Studios - petal pairs. The pins are from the Hobbyhouse and the dolphin and seahorse are from a long forgotton jewellery set my daughter had when she was about six (14 years ago!) - hows that for utilising old stuff.  I am entering this card in the following challenges -
 sassycheryls/challenge-117-its-sketch                

15 comments:

Jo said...

Brilliant card, Susie, fab image and love the crimped card and pins!
Hugs Jo x

Helen said...

Love this one Sue xx

Shelia said...

What a cute mermaid image!! great color combo too. Thanks for playing in the DRS Designs' challenge.

Rina said...

How sweet is this... love the colors and your coloring is very nice too! Great to add the shells!

Thanks for joining in at Fashionista this month!

Rina Fashionista

WencheP said...

This is so cute! Great embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Sassy Cheryl said...

Adorable image and a stunning card. Beautifully colored!
Thanks for playing in the Sassy Sketch challenge this week at Sassy Cheryl's. Good luck in the drawing.

jkreucher said...

Such a sweet little image, your coloring is wonderful!
love the fun embellies!
Thanks for joining us for the Sassy Cheryl sketch challenge this week!
Judy

Suzie's Card Den said...

Sweet card, lovely colours and I love your pins.
Thank you for joining us at Fashionista Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you again soon.
Hugs
Suzie xx

Mary Jo said...

What a fab mermaid! Wonderful coloring too. Thanks for joining us at DYSU.

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE this is Awesome!! I love the mermaid and those pins you made are super cute!!! love it all!
hugs, Heidi

Pami said...

What a great card! Love the layout and great colours! Thanks for sharing with us at WnW this fortnight, good luck! Pami x

BethieJ said...

CUTE CUTE card! Love that darling image!!
Thank You for joining us at GingerLoft this week! Have a GREAT day!

Alyna said...

hi
fab image. love the corrugated card stock. a very nice way to embellish it.
thanx for joining us at Gingerloft Challenges
hugs
Alyna

Peggy said...

Super cute card! Love your handmade flowers! Beautiful! So glad you joined us at Raise The Bar this month!

Margaret said...

Lovely card and a really cute image loving the seahorse. Thanks for entering the Crafters Companion Challenge