Wednesday 6 June 2012

horse crazy

Good morning - back with another card. This is a card commissioned by a friend for a horse lover. She saw the stamp by Coronado Island Stamps called "True Love" and asked me to make her a birthday card with it. Here is what I came up with -
I stamped the image using a VersaMagic chalk ink - jumbo java and used a Go Kreate die - Large frame Frilly#10. I distressed the edges using a contrasting VersaMagic - persimmon.
The backing papers are by Boho Chic. The flowers are from the HobbyHouse and I added some card candy also from there. The sentiment is raised and some lovely wools added to finish it off.


I again used the Boho Chic papers to make the inside of the card as special as the front. I used a Tim Holtz flourish and several different flower punches which once assembled I added a small peach pearl. The sentiment I made on microsoft word and is from a book -" Thinking of You - a Greeting for Every Occasion ". I am entering this card in the following challenges -    2sisterschallenge-94-inside-out      cutiepiechallenge./Die cuts and punches ( hope this is cute enough)          divasbydesignchallenge-38-chocolate -( chocolate horses!)             joyfulstamper/inspire-me-fridays-61-anything-goes  greatimpressionsstamps./challenge-4die-cuts-or-punches            

9 comments:

Sue Nicholson said...

Wow beautiful card, thanks for joining us at cutie pie challenge, good luck cheers Sue N x

Kezzy said...

Gorgeous card, love the inside and out, the embellishments are super cute and the image is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at 2 Sisters Challenge Blog this week :-) Kezzy x

Helen said...

Great card. Love the die you've used...it must be a big one! Flowers are lovely and love the way you've done the inside too xx

Pat K said...

Perfect card for a horse lover. Great image and layout. Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. Pat K. x

Lisa Jane said...

wonderful card - beautiful image
Thanks for joining us at Diva's this week
Lisa x

downrightcrafty said...

oh isn't it a lovely image and gorgeous colour to stamp in, the image plate shape is perfect and the papers compliment it nicely, I am sure she will love it too
Hugs Kate x

Carol Willis said...

Great card, fabulous image. I'm sure your friend will love it.
Hugs
Caz x

downrightcrafty said...

no worries hun, will miss you and hope to see you next time
Hugs Kate x

K Clark said...

great image and love your card!!
thanks for joining us at crafty calendaar challenge blog - kimberly - dt http://leokc34.blogspot.ca