Saturday 23 June 2012

By The Sea

Hi, back from a lovely week away in our caravan. Spent most of the time crafting so the weather didn't matter but we were lucky and had lots of sun. My friend and I take our caravans locally every year for a week just indulge in our hobby. Our husbands commute daily to work so we are free to craft all day - bliss. Anyway did quite a lot of scrapbooking as I have been meaning to scrap last years holiday to Scotland.
This is just one of the layouts I did this week.
We stayed in a fishermans cottage about twenty steps to the sea across the rocks. It really was idyllic.
Here I have used a lovely sandy / watery 12x12 paper. The pictures are my Husband, daughter and me - Can't believe how much my hair has grown since this picture (I had just finished chemotherapy) - it used to be straight but is now very curly! I backed them all on contrasting coloured card. The slide mounts I have had for a while - not sure were from and I used some rub ons for the words. The shells are all rub ons - not something I use often but they went so well. The crab is a button and I added some fish just to help give it a sea feel.
I would like to enter this in the following challenges -
/kcclayoutchallenges-color-me-happy-2nd-blogaversary
sparklesforumchallenges-33-summer
ibrakeforchallenges/i-brake-for-summer-fun
charismacardz/challenge-24-summer
deepocean/challenge-28- welcome summer
scrapbooksisters-challenge - 3 colours - blue,brown, green
thehappyscrapperschallenges/ch-2-great-outdoors
scrapalicioususa/oh-what-do-you-do-in-summertime
lovetocreate/challenge-20-summertime-fun
craftyannschallengeblog.-68

17 comments:

Helen said...

great layout Sue, wow your hair has grown xxxx

K Clark said...

love the paper you picked - great photos and sounds like a wonderful experience - thanks for joining us at lasting memories - Kimberly DT

TeenaBugg38 said...

Very pretty!!! I love the little strip down the side with the beachy pics and words on it.....your photos are just fantastic!

Thanks for playing along with us at Lasting Memories this week!

Tina (LMDT)

Unknown said...

Lovely lo! Love the use of angling and the embellies are fun! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

Elizabeth LMDT
http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

Denise Pustelniak said...

Your LO is terrific and what a terrific memory! Love your colors. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I love the photos, all the little details and the tag. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories this week.

Mynn xx said...

Ooo, that looks like such fun! LOVE all the elements you used--gorgeous coloring, too! :)

shaz earl said...

Gorgeous LO!

Thank you for joining us at Sparkles challenges for our * Summer Fun * challenge, also The Happy Scrappers for our * Great Outdoors * challenge

Hope you will join us again, good luck in the draw.
Hugs Shaz x

mylittlecardstudio.blogspot.com said...

Fantastic layout. You made me homesick, i am Scottish! I love the paper, border and the slide mounts. Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week. Good luck. Hugs, Jill x

Laura Bradley said...

Thanks for sharing this fab scrapbook page with us at Love to Create! x

Crafty and Green said...

Really Pretty! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Love to Create Challenge!! Come Back & Play with us again really soon!!

Many Blessings,
Tina

Cat's sCrap said...

Beautiful project. Congratulations !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

Hugs From France.
Catherine.

Unknown said...

Wonderful LO Sue
Thank you for playing along with The Happy Scrappers challenges!
Jane x
[DT]

Jenni said...

Fabulous summer layout - perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz challenges this week, hope to see you again soon.
Jenni x

Ann Whitfield said...

Hi Susie,
this is a fabulous page with some great memories, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's - but please will you come back to the challenge and re-link this project? I've had to remove the other link because it took me to another challenge and not your project here. I had to do a bit of detective work to track you down.
Ann

Pauline said...

Fab layout, so summery and fun!
Thanks for joining us at charisma Cardz!

Jo said...

Fabulous! Great photos and embellies!
Thanks for joining us at Sparkles this time and good luck!
Hugs Jo x
DT