Sunday 3 June 2012

Monkey House

This card was made for a little boy who likes to announce "Cheeky Monkey is here" so thought immediately of him.
This stamped image is from Bazoo - Cheeky Monkey. I used copics to colour him in and a die by Xcut - ornate frame. I have only just got this die and love the effect it gives. The stamp has various different wording to put in the sign but I went with the Happy Birthday.

The backing paper is from an old magazine - it had a jungle theme section so went very well. I used a spellbinders circle die and cut a number 3 out of orange card. I distressed the edges of both dies with VersaMagic chalk inks. I finished the card with sticky gems in the corners. I would like to enter this in the following challenges -
bearlymine/wowchallenge-37 x
foreverfriendschallenge - animal - monkey x
fairytale/challenge-41-boys and men x
ready-teddy-go/challenge-11-one-for-boysx
littleclairesdesigns-monthly-challenge-21-male x
thepoodlesparlour/fathers-day-male-card x
pattiescreations/challenge-45-theme male x
tuesdaythrowdown-100 masculine x

11 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so precious. I love the monkeys. This is amazing.

NanaConnie said...

What a fun, fun card, Susie! I'm truly happy that you shared it with us in the "Masculine" challenge at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Good luck in the draw and I hope to see your lovely work again often.
NanaConnie DT

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Lovely card and what an inventive mind you have using jungle scene from magazine brilliantly done hun.... Thank you for joining us over @ Poodles Parlour this week and hope to see you again.. good luck
Hugz Elaine xx
PP DT

Laney said...

Super fun card for a 3 yr old!! just fab!!
Thanks for joining us at BMC
hugs
laney

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

what a lovely card you have made here. It fits perfectly for the Bearly Mine Challenge Blog. Thank you for taking part in this challenge and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team Member) xxx

Diane Louise J said...

You've made such a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at FOREVER FRIENDS 'One For The Boys' Challenge. Good luck and hope to see you next time.
Diane x

Sylvia x said...

Perfect card for the challenge over at the Poodles Parlour . Great idea for a little boy - I just love it!!!

Sylvia x...

Charlene said...

That image is just too cute...love the way you used the magazine paper for your background...it goes so wonderfully with that image. I'm sure that the little boy that gets this is going to be jumping for joy. Thanks for joining us at Pattie's Creations Father's Day or Guy card Challenge...good luck ~ Charlene

Carol Willis said...

Hi Susie
I've just found your blog on my travels and have become a follower. Your cards are fab and I look forward to seeing your future creations.
Hugs
Caz x

Unknown said...

Such a cute image! Thank you for joining us at The Poodles Parlour this time!

Chrizette
DT Member
Celestial Things

Gaynor said...

Brilliant card.........Thank you for joining Little Claire in our latest blog challenge. xx Gaynor LCDT