Saturday 2 June 2012

Here Comes Summer

This is the second card I made yesterday. Been having lots of problems with blogger today but having spoken to my friendly IT consultants (Helen & Ted - thank-you) it seems to be resolved.

This image is from Stampendous - Seashell Points - such a lovely summery stamp which I coloured it with my copics. I used a Go Kreate die - Frilly#1 and edged it with a VersaMagic chalk ink.
I have used a mesh type backing for the image ( sorry I don't know what this is called) and a paper from my stash. I then stamped the seahorse using another Stampendous image - Limpet points and coloured it and raised it in the top corner of the card. I used some lovely lemon ribbon and 2 seashell brads. I made a pin decorated to add to the seaside theme and the angel fish and coral came from a very old sticker sheet!
I would like to enter this card in the following challenges-
drsdesignsblog/challenge-27-signs-of-summer
raisethebar/challenge-107
inkyimpressionschallenges-summer-fun
paperprettiesblog-wednesday-challenge_30
doyoustackup-74-under-sea
craftsandmechallenges/add-ribbon
bearlymine-/wowchallenge-37
cookingitupwithkatie-96-celebrate


7 comments:

Helen said...

Love that seahorse xx

Shelia said...

Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous!!! Thanks for joining the DRS Designs' challenge.

Karin said...

Love the sea themed card! Thanks for playing at DRS Designs!

Donna said...

Great card Susie, love the way you've colored the image, great layout too. Thank you for sharing it with us at Bearly Mine Challenges.
hugs
Donna xx

Kerry said...

Your card is Beautiful. Love the sea theme. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.
Kerry

Chris said...

Beautiful summer images, isn't this the best time of year. Beautiful card too. thanks for sharing it with us at Cooking It Up With Katie.

Kathya said...

Wow, I had to read your description of the card to realize it was not a sticker! Stunning work coloring that great stamp.