Thursday, 3 May 2012

O Christmas Tree

Good evening - another Christmas card tonight. Looking through my Christmas box of craft I decided to try and use up some things I have had for a long time. The image I used came from some old 6x6 papers - victorian -from trimcraft.
This sentiment was stamped from a Crafty Individuals stamp set Cl - 281. I inked the edges using a VersaMagic chalk ink - tea leaves and backed it with a green and gold paper first and then a piece of gold card.

I decided the image needed some lift so I added an acetate jacket over the 3 contasting backing papers which i'd matted and layered. I raised the image with foam pads and added the sentiment. I tied some gold ribbon down the edge and finished with some dark red gems and a Christmas tree brad on the edge of the sentiment.
I would like to enter this in the following challenges -
sparklesforumchristmaschallenge-christmas-tree
natalduranteoanotodo.blogspot-bingo - Distress - sentiment - tree

4 comments:

CARLA PREDIGER said...

MARVELOUS! Wonderful card! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Insourations challenges. Hope you will play again soon.

* Shaz * said...

Lovely card!

thank you for joining in the fun with us at Sparkles Christmas for our " Christmas Tree " challenge

Hope you will join us again soon
good luck in the draw

Hugs Shaz x

Magali said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Inspirations challenges this month!

Debbie said...

What a lovely Christmas card...I love the beautiful image...very vintage. Thank you for joining us at SCC this month.
Debbie x