Tuesday 22 May 2012

forever friends birthday

Hi had a great day today as my card Beautiful Day was a winner on 2 blogs -  http://craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/- and a top pick on http://twistedtuesdaychallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ .
 I'm back with a birthday card which I made with a Forever Friends wooden stamp - its such a cute image.
I coloured the image with my copics pens. My collection is growing - I now have 16 and am finding it very hard to drive past Grimsby crafts without nipping in for a few more colours! I used a spellbinders die to cut the shape and stamped the image on. I then inked the edge with a VersaMagic chalk ink.
I made a card blank and used a scalloped blade along the right edge of the card. I added a brown leaf print backing paper. Next I embossed a piece of white card with a cuttlebug folder - butterflies and used the VersaMagic chalk ink again to bring out the butterflies and along the scalloped edge of the card. I punched the flowers with a dovecraft punch and added contrasting gems in each flower centre. I then embossed the butterfly and to finish the card I added a Happy Birthday sentiment.
I used a contrasting paper inside and added some scalloped ribbon which goes well with the scallpoped edge of the card.
I am entering this card in the following challenges -
colourcreatechallenge-96-green-brown-white-and-hint of purple
thecraftypad/challenge-171-bingo - ribbon, flowers, bling
theribbonreelchallenge-28-spring-colours
pattiescreations/challenge-44-recipe-ribbon, flowers, sentiment,gems
scrapbitz-copicchallengegroup
toptiptuesday-dig-out-old - stamp and flower punch
ibrakeforchallenges/florals



8 comments:

Dawn said...

Lovely little card! Thanks for sharing it with us in the Bingo Challenge at The Crafty Pad this week!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx
PS Congrats on your wins too!

Caroljenks said...

Gorgeous card - such a sweet image. Love the colours you've used too.

Thanks for digging out your stash for us this week over at Top Tip Tuesday and don't forget you could win our Top Tipper prize if you share a Top Tip with us too :)

Carol x

Lisa Minckler said...

Susie, it's superb! The two tones of brown and purple with the white is truly an amazing color combination. I really love the disection of color in the background and your image is wonderfully colored. Super design here. ;)

Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
Remember you can enter up to 3 projects and 3 tips.
Have a great one!
Lisa xx

debbi taylor said...

such a sweet card!
thank you for playing along with the challenge at the crafty pad this week
hugs
Debbi x

Pauline said...

Such a sweet card!
Thanks for joining us at TRR this week!

Rom-a said...

urocza, dopracowana karteczka..

Helen Berry said...

That's a really sweet card Susie, thanks so much for sharing it with us at The Ribbon Reel this fortnight x

Bettina L. said...

Such a lovely card. I can't help but dig that little ol bear;) Love the design with the embosed butterflies and flowers too. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday and good luck. Hope to see you back tuesday for another challege. Bettina xx