Friday 13 April 2012

Flower Sale

Todays card has taken quite a long time but I am very pleased with the overall effect.
I stamped the images using two Molly Bloom stamps - Sun Flower Molly and Flowers For Sale. I coloured them using Whisper Strokes pens and then used my glossy accents to highlight some parts of the designs. I find Molly Bloom stamps give a very clear image.
This is the stage of the card that took the most time. I cut a piece of yellow card 17.4 x17.4cms and then used an EK punch - chinese knot chain to punch the design round the edges. I then punched the design again on 3 different coloured pieces of card to fill in the punched holes. I have tried to show this on this picture with the dark orange petal shapes. I glued this yellow design to a square card blank.

I then backed the centre with a patterned paper from Boho Chic and added the images and a sentiment - "Bringing You Happy Thoughts" I finished the border with more of the punched pieces and added small flower buttons to the centres. To complete the border a added some faux stitching around the edge of the yellow which I hope you can see on the picture below. In each corner I added a button with the middle tied with bakers twine.
The EK punch I have had for over a year and never used so I think all the time and effort was worth it in the end.The finished design is pictured below. I would like to enter this card in the following challenges -                delightfulsketches - delightful-stitches       bunnyzoescrafts/challenge-23-ribbon-or-twine                           craftycreationschallenges       cutecardthursday.challenge-212-spring-flowers       simonsaysstampschallenge-april-showers-bring-spring.            craftuscrazy.challenge-25-happy-mothers-day     robynsfetishchallenge-102-anything-goes
                                  

5 comments:

susan said...

Very cute! The images are adorable and you cut them out very well. Great border and embellishments, Thanks for joining us at THE ROBYN'S FETISH CHALLENGE!

Hannelie said...

A beautiful project!
Love all the detail, so glad you shared it with us at Robyn's Fetish!
Hannelie

Helen said...

Love it Sue, well worth all the effort. Thank you so much for my new toy. I can't wait to play with it xxx

Mina said...

fabulous combination of colours Susie and I love how you used the twine on the buttons...thanks for joining in with our Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly challenge
Mina xxx

Chriss America Real said...

Wow! This is the kind of card that I have to look at for a very long while to see all the intricate work that has gone into making it. Just stunning! Thanks so much for playing along with the Delightful Challenges Team this week!

Hugs,

Chriss

www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com