Wednesday 11 July 2012

1000 Get Well cards

Good Evening. This is a very important post, This was the headlines in our local paper on Monday -

1,000 get well cards will keep me strong says 12-year-old cancer sufferer Jak Barbour

 Jak is one of only four children in the UK and 50 in the world to have been diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma – a rare cancer of the larynx. 
Get involved
You can post cards to Jak Barbour, 40 Hildyard Street, Grimsby, DN327LU. Alternatively, post your messages to Jak on to his Facebook page, Jak's Wish.
This is the card I made for him this afternoon. I hope is wish comes true. If anyone would like to read his story   this is the web address for the paper -
This is a free digi image from http://craftymomentscardmaking.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/sick-dragon-digi.html - thankyou so much - I just love your blog. I coloured it using copics and used a spellbinders die to showcase it. I really hope it makes Jak smile xx
I am entering this in the following challenges -
craftycreations/challenge-178-free-for-all.
toptiptuesday/challenge-80-one-for-men
thesisterhoodofcrafters/lets-hear-it-for-boys
alwayscrafting/creative-mondays-ch11-for-men

4 comments:

Helen said...

Great card, he's gonna love it xx

Carol Willis said...

Oh Susie, what a lovely card for such a worthy cause. I really hope Jak's wish comes true.
Hugs
Caz x

TannyP said...

This is so cute...I love the sparkle you've added. Thanks for playing along with The Sisterhood of Crafters' "Let's Hear It For The Boys" Challenge!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card and so lovely of you to add the bit about Jak too!
Thanks for playing along at Top Tip Tuesday this time for our 1 for the Men challenge, hugs Samantha :0)